At the SHOT Show 2024, Faxon Firearms displayed their ARAK-21 rifle, which is currently in production and slated to begin shipping in the second quarter of 2024. The ARAK-21 is distinctive due to its combination of design elements from both the AK and AR platforms, featuring a long-stroke gas-operated action. Notably, it is designed to be fully compatible with any AR-15 lower receivers.
– Calibers: Available in 5.56x45mm or 7.62x39mm
– Construction: Monolithic upper manufactured from 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum
– Compatibility: Fully compatible with all AR-15 lower receiver parts kits
– Features: Set-screw retained take-down pin spring for simplified assembly
– Controls: Ambidextrous controls for enhanced ease of use
– Finish Options: Anodized Black, with Cerakote FDE (Flat Dark Earth) or OD (Olive Drab) as available alternatives
– Design: Enlarged, integrated trigger guard and a guarded, guided magazine release
– Stock Option: Can be mounted with a folding stock for added versatility
– Barrel: 16″ medium barrel with a weight of 5.5 pounds
– Pricing: MSRP is set at $1,599 for the full rifle, with the upper alone priced at $999
In addition to the showcased ARAK-21 rifle, Faxon Firearms also presented a new prototype of a pump action version of the same model. This prototype attracted interest with its 3D-printed pump handle that is spring-returned, lending a uniquely satisfying action when racking. Faxon Firearms noted that they are currently assessing market interest to determine whether there is enough demand to justify putting the pump action ARAK-21 into production.
Read the full article here