In 2006 Burris changed the rifle optics industry when it introduced the Eliminator, the company’s first laser-rangefinding rifle scope. Now Burris is taking its biggest leap yet with the release of the all-new, completely redesigned Eliminator 6. The Eliminator 6 gives shooters the utmost confidence in their ability to make the right shot under the toughest conditions, and does so with an entirely fresh, more streamlined appearance. To use the Eliminator 6, simply range your target, hold the illuminated aiming point on your target and hold wind if necessary. Pull the trigger, and the Eliminator 6 eliminates the guesswork, allowing the shooter to focus on proper technique, ensuring more precise shots.
Shooters who are familiar with the legacy Eliminator series will instantly recognize the Eliminator 6 as “something different,” and they would be correct. The foundation of the Eliminator 6 is a more contemporary riflescope chassis with a modern profile featuring objective and ocular bells aesthetically balanced around a robust 34mm tube. There are aggressively knurled caps and adjustment knobs for no-slip operation even when wearing gloves. The parallax and illumination adjustments are now conveniently located on a conventional turret-style knob that also contains the range activation and brightness button array.
The Eliminator 6 continues the tradition of technological excellence with the most comprehensive and advanced integrated technology ever delivered in a consumer rifle scope:
- Ranging – The Eliminator 6 offers instant and precise ranging out to 2,000 yards or farther on reflective targets and 1,400 yards on deer hide. Simply place the reticle on the target, depress the ranging button, and the distance in yards or meters is presented on the scope’s heads-up display (HUD).
- Environmental Monitoring – Climate and terrain play a big part in ballistics. The Eliminator 6 features a built-in thermometer, barometer, and inclinometer, and it automatically measures density altitude (which can also be manually selected). From this, the Eliminator 6 selects the ballistics solution via the previously calculated database drawn from the BurrisConnect app.
- Ballistic Compensation– The Eliminator 6 ballistic solutions are built on the BurrisConnect mobile app and uploaded to the scope. Bluetooth connectivity between the scope and the user’s mobile device allows the user to create an internal DOPE card in the Eliminator 6 that combines ranging, environmental and ballistic data to achieve the perfect shot. Users can create profiles using factory load data or completely custom covering firearms from muzzleloaders and slug guns to precision rifles.
- Precise Aiming Solutions – The digital DOPE card works with the scope’s illuminated X177 reticle to display the precise holdover aiming point for the ranged distance. Combined with the reticle’s windage hold-off points, the Eliminator 6 offers a massive 177 aim points with 1/5-MOA precision to ensure reliable point-of-aim/point-of-impact performance.
- Comprehensive User Interface – The Eliminator 6 presents up to 10 data points in the HUD. This information is divided into zones that can be turned on or off to the shooter’s preference via the Burris Connect app. The ranged distance and wind hold value can also be swapped per the user’s preference.
- ShotCall Marker– Available for display in the HUD is bullet velocity and bullet energy at the ranged distance. Embodying the “Hunt Responsibly” ethic, these features allow the shooter to recognize when the shot distance may be too far and the velocity/energy too low to ensure an ethical kill. In addition to showing the bullet’s calculated velocity and energy at the ranged distance, the scope also offers a ShotCall Marker (SCM). The SCM will display an “X” if the user defined ballistic terminal performance is inadequate at the ranged distance.
To maximize optical clarity and minimize chromatic aberrations, Burris engineers selected extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for the Eliminator 6. The ED glass combined with fully multi-coated lenses deliver a crisp optical view with superb low-light transmission so you can easily see your target in early morning and late evening light and the foulest of weather conditions. Other optical features include a new 5X system with 4-20X magnification, a +2.0 to -3.0 diopter adjustment range, and side focus/parallax adjustment from 25 yards to infinity.
MSRP for the Eliminator 6 is $3,000, and for more information on this new scope or to see the full line of Burris products, please visit burrisoptics.com.
Read the full article here