The Response is the first pistol-caliber carbine (PCC) from Smith & Wesson to be based on the popular AR-15 chassis, which makes it compatible with many existing parts and accessories for other PCCs. Chambered in 9mm, the Response has a 23-round capacity right out of the box and ships with two 23-round M&P double-stack magazines. The FLEXMAG system of the Response allows it to use a variety of Smith & Wesson and other manufacturer magazines. Included with the Response are two FLEXMAG kits that are compatible with either 9mm M&P double-stack or Glock-style 9mm magazines. The Response has a 16.5-inch threaded barrel surrounded by a polymer handguard that has Picatinny-style rail on top and M-Lok slots on the sides and bottom. At the rear, there is a Magpul MOE SL adjustable stock, and in front of that there is a flat face trigger and an M&P grip with four interchangeable palmswell adapters.
Smith & Wesson Response Features:
- 16.5 inch, 1:10-inch twist barrel
- 32 1/8 inches collapsed length, 35 3/8 inches extended length.
- 1/2-28 threaded muzzle with thread protector
- Flat-face trigger with crisp break
- M-Lok slots on handguard with Picatinny-style rail on top
- Two Flexmag magazine well adapters included
- Compatible with M&P Pistol double stack magazines and Glock G17/G19 magazines.
- Ships with two 23-round magazines
MSRP for the new Smith & Wesson Response is $799, and more information on this firearm and other products from Smith & Wesson can be found at smith-wesson.com.
Read the full article here