From the minds at 21st Tec comes a mashup of 7.62x39mm power and AR engineering with the TEC47. The rifle is a true AR-10 (DPMS/LR308 size) chambered in 7.62x39mm and accepts AK-47 magazines. Likewise, the rifle includes feature enhancements like a 2-stage match trigger, threaded barrel, and adjustable gas block.
The 21st Tec TEC47 Rifle
Building on billet T6 aircraft-grade aluminum receivers, the TEC47 delivers a durable platform with a Type III hard coat anodized finish. The rifle features a Mil-Spec buffer tube and is shouldered via a 6-position adjustable CCS Carbine stock. Likewise, a THRIL RTG grip provides a comfortable interface to the action.
Chambered in 7.62x39mm, the 16-inch barrel with 1:10 twist is housed within a 15-inch M-LOK handguard. Additionally, the barrel has 5/8×24 threads for affixing a suppressor and comes with a birdcage flash hider installed. Correspondingly, the gas block is adjustable for use with a suppressor.
The 15-inch handguard features M-LOK slots around its circumference, while a full-length Picatinny rail runs the top. As a result, users can affix the optics and other accessories of their choice.
The innovation of the TEC47 is in its bolt carrier group (BCG), which maintains the DPMS/LR308 length and is specifically designed for the 7.62x39mm. Likewise, the rifle is designed to fit AK magazines (note: it does not accept US Palm magazines) and ships with one MAGPUL 30-round AK PMAG. Safeguarding the upper receiver from cam pin wear is a cam pin wear plate.
The controls and charging handle remain true to the AR platform for familiar handling. Finally, rounds are sent downrange via the two-stage match trigger.
The 21st Tec TEC47 rifle is available now with an MSRP of $1,399.00. For more info, please visit 21st-tec.com.
21st Tec TEC47 Specs
Operation: Direct Impingement
Barrel Length: 16 inches
Twist Rate: 1:10
Overall Length: 35-39 inches
Weight: 8.5 pounds
Mag Capacity: 30 round AK PMAG
Rail Length: 15 inch M-LOK
Stock: CCS 6-position
Gas Block: Adjustable
Trigger: 2-stage match trigger
- Platform: AR-10 (DPMS/LR308) compatible with AK magazines.
- Gas System: Direct Impingement.
- Barrel: 16-inch, 1/10 twist.
- Material: Billet T6 Aircraft Aluminum receivers.
- Gas Block: Adjustable for suppressor use.
- Buffer Tube: Mil-Spec design.
- Stock: 6-position CCS Carbine adjustable stock.
- Grip: THRIL RTG grip.
- Handguard: 15-inch M-LOK with MIL1913 Rail.
- Size & Weight: 8.5lbs; 35 to 39 inches length.
- Trigger: 2 Stage Match Trigger.
- Muzzle: Flash Hider with 5/8×24 threads.
- Colors: Type III Hard Coat Anodized Black
- Magazines: Includes Magpul PMAG® 30 AK; compatible with metal AK47 magazines.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Read the full article here