Magpul owns a very enviable position in the marketplace, with its famed PMAG an industry leader in polymer mags. Now the company moves into a new direction with the translucent Magpul TMAG 30.
Magpul TMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M3
The TMAG comprises an Olive Drab Translucent polymer magazine for the AR/M4 platform. The TMAG becomes Magpul’s first translucent mag, one that still meets the company’s GEN M3 specifications. As such, the STANAG-compatible magazine feature front and rear straps for a textured surface. Inside, it utilizes a similar internal geometry of the PMAG. It includes a four-way, anti-til follower paired with a durable USGI-spec, stainless steel spring with a painted coil.
The magazine body features markings to clearly show round counts when inserted into a magazine well. A paint-pen dot matrix allows for aftermarket markings applied by the shooter. The TMAG also features a low-profile floor plate, allowing compatibility with the full line of Magpul floor-plate accessories.
The new PMAG retails for $24.95. For more info, visit magpul.com.
Magpul TMAG 30 Features & Specs
- Translucent body for round identification and capacity information
- Ribbed front and rear straps for improved grip
- Four-way anti-tilt follower and USGI-spec, stainless-steel spring enhances reliability
- Painted coil and marked magazine body provides visual quick reference for capacity
- Paint-pen dot matrix allows for additional metrics for personal preference when looking for round-count indicators
- Accepts current aftermarket Magpul floor-plate accessories
- Functions in a variety of popular platforms
- Compatibility: STANAG-compatible weapons chambered in 5.56×45 NATO/.223 Rem
- Colors: ODT (Olive Drab Translucent)
- MSRP: $24.95
So this is pretty cool news, showing clearly that Magpul continues looking broadly at the market to where it can turn next. We recently covered the AMAG, a product we didn’t see coming. Again, Magpul enters some new territory with the TMAG. Based on the full body of work, we expect these new translucent magazines to be among the best in the industry.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Read the full article here