With hunting season upon us, many parents are introducing their children to hunting for the first time. However, using Dad’s big, cumbersome binoculars isn’t as enjoyable as binoculars that actually fit your face. For this reason, Vortex releases its Bantam HD 6.5×32 Youth Binoculars, designed to fit smaller hands and faces.
The Vortex Bantam HD 6.5×32 Youth Binocular
Like most Vortex binoculars, the Bantam HD Youth Binocular features rugged rubber armor. As a result, the binocular can handle whatever your young hunter throws at it while providing a non-slip grip. Likewise, the shockproof construction can withstand high levels of impact, so you don’t have to worry if it is dropped.
In addition, the Bantam HD features a nitrogen gas purged system with o-ring seals for water- and fog-proof performance. Correspondingly, the o-ring also helps to prevent dust and debris from penetrating the binoculars. In addition, anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces increase light transmission for greater clarity and low-light performance.
According to the company, its HD optical system utilizes optimized glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution. Additionally, the system cuts chromatic aberration and enhances color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness, and light transmission. Likewise, the roof prism design adds durability and allows them to be more compact.
Featuring a 6.5x magnification, the Bantam HD delivers a 400-foot linear field of view with an angular field of view of 7.6°. In addition, the tripod adaptable binocular includes a center focus wheel for fast adjustments on the subject, delivering a clear and crisp image.
The Vortex Bantam HD 6.5×32 Youth Binocular is available now with an MSRP of $99.99. For more info, please visit VortexOptics.com.
Vortex Bantam HD 6.5×32 Youth Binocular Specs
Objective Lens Diameter: 32 mm
Linear Field of View: 400′ (122m)
Angular Field of View: 7.6°
Eye Relief: 18.7mm
Height: 4.9″ (124.5mm)
Width: 4.8″ (121.9mm)
Weight: 14.4 oz. (0.41kg)
Interpupillary Distance: 51mm – 69mm
Close Focus: 12.0′ (3.7m)
- HD Optical System: Optimized with select glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution, cut chromatic aberration, and provide outstanding color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness, and light transmission.
- XR™ Lens Coatings: Premium anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces provide superior light transmission for exceptional clarity and low-light performance.
- Rubber Armor: Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Nitrogen Gas Purged: Gas-purged and o-ring sealed for fogproof and waterproof performance.
- Tripod Adaptable: Use on a tripod or car window mount. Tripod adapter required.
- Waterproof: Designed to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Fogproof: Designed to withstand a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof: Desinged to withstand the highest levels of recoil and impact.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Read the full article here